Slot review breakdown
The Nice List is a December 2015 Christmas slot by Realtime Gaming (RTG) that adds more variance and more fun compared to the previous year. Great game to play, except for one bug that freezes the game.
|Name:||The Nice List|
|Software:||Realtime Gaming (RTG)|
|Game Type:||Video slot|
|Whats hot:||Whats not so hot:|
|Excellent bonus game payouts||Bug with the Santa Spins feature|
|Quality graphics||High variance|
|Very fun to play|
|Good Return to Player (RTP)|
Where to play?
The Nice List is a Christmas slot by Realtime Gaming (RTG) that’s complimentary to The Naughty List and is its successor published in December 2015. This one is equally, if not more, fun. One would be forgiven for thinking this slot game is nice, but it again revolves around two sexy elves, even sexier than in the Naughty title.
This is an All Ways Pays game, which means there are no traditional paylines, and in reality there are whopping 1024 paylines when you count them one by one. There are no coins and no paylines to choose from, just a fixed bet per spin and it can range from $0.50 to $12.50, which means it’s the exact equivalent to the max bet on The Naughty List. We like this simplicity and use of dollars instead of often confusing coins.
All Ways Pays means that all symbols adjacent to each other will pay, left to right, leading to a total of 1024 possible paylines. Of course, the game is tweaked in such a way to produce the equal number of wins as the usual 25- or 50-paylines slot game. You just won’t win as often as you might think with this number of paylines, it doesn’t change much compared to a standard game.
All symbols adjacent to each other will pay. Santa is a grouped Wild and all symbols pay adjacent from left to right, except The Nice List Scatter, which pay any. Three Scatters trigger one of two features, including the festive Present Pick Feature which can award huge multipliers and Extra Wilds. A random Lucky Feature may also trigger at the end of any normal game, awarding up to 10 free spins with up to a 10x multiplier.
Graphics seem a bit blurry at first, as if nothing is sharp enough, but you get used to it. It is intentionally so, and your eyes won’t get tired from playing this slot game with nice mellow graphics. You will feel more comfortable if you play it on a larger screen and/or in fullscreen though. Once you get used to the graphics, you realize this is one of the best games in that aspect.
The game feels like a high variance game, as it’s largely dependant on bonus games, big wins and free spins to keep your balance positive. During normal play, with regular small wins, the bankroll will be depleted quickly so this is one for people with a larger bankroll who can handle it, especially when using the $12.50 maximum bet. The minimum bankroll for that is $2000, if not even $3000, to get you through the rough patches safely, with money left to spin when that big win (as seen in the screenshot below, $1200) comes your way. This is in contrast to The Naughty List which is medium-variance slot and $1000-$2000 is enough to play with the maximum bet of $12.50.
Bonus features are the key to this game. When you get three Scatter symbols on the reels, you get to pick one of them to choose which bonus feature you’ll get. But there is a problem here – on our desktop PC and on Microsoft Edge browser, when we’d win the Santa Spins feature, nothing would happen – the game would freeze. That’s never good when you play for real money and you just won the bonus feature you’ve been waiting for!
If you want to play this slot game, make sure you first run it in fun mode to check if it runs ok on your machine. Don’t play for real money until you can verify that when you click a Scatter and get Santa Spins the game indeed proceeds to the Santa Spins Feature.
The Return to Player (RTP) of The Nice List isn’t explicitly published by Realtime Gaming, but we suspect it’s the standard top payout of 97.50%. Bear in mind the payout – if we’re right that this game belongs to this range of RTG slots – can have three settings: low (91%), medium (94% or 95%) and high (97.50%) and the payout setting is configurable by the casino.
5Dimes is, as usual, your best bet when it comes to high payout. More precisely, you’ll find this game in their Grand Casino. There are numerous casinos with this game, and some of the others are Diamond Reels, Siver Oak, Slots.lv, Bovada, Lucky Red and Raging Bull. These are all high-payout casinos which are likely to have this slot game set on High payout.
For a full list of best Christmas slots check out our Best Christmas slots 2016 article and see how does this slot game rank on the list!
- 3 or more scattered Nice Lists appearing in normal games triggers one of two features.
- Touch one of the triggering scatters to reveal the feature.
Santa Spins Feature
- 15 free games are awarded, during which all prizes are doubled.
- 15 extra free games are awarded if 3 or more scatters occur.
- Free games are played at the bet of the triggering game.
The Nice List Feature
- 10 free games are initially awarded.
- Pick from 20 Stockings until you find two Naughty Notes.
- Picks can add free games, x2 wins, x3 wins, Extra Wilds or Expanding Wilds.
- Finding both prize multipliers increases prizes to x6.
- 10 extra free games are awarded if 3 or more scatters occur.
- Free games are played at the bet of the triggering game.
- A random Lucky Feature may trigger at the end of any normal game.
- From 5 to 10 free spins are awarded with up to a 10x multiplier!
- The Santa Spins and Nice List Features may be triggered during Lucky Feature free spins.
- Lucky Feature free spins are played at the bet of the triggering game.
This is an All Ways Pays game.
Winning combinations are formed by symbols on adjacent reels from Left to Right, except scattered Nice Lists, which pay Any.
AutoPlay and Options
- Pressing “Menu: Autoplay Options” will allow you to enter your Auto Play parameters.
- Pressing “Auto Play” will automatically play games according to the options you have selected.
- Pressing “Stop Auto” deactivates the automatic play option.
- The number of winning combinations is calculated and multiplied by the paytable prize.
- The result of the operation above is multiplied by the All Ways Pays bet which is 1/50 of the total bet, except for scatters.
- Scatter wins are added to All Ways Pays wins and are multiplied by total bet.
- Highest win only for each paying symbol.
- Coinciding Left to Right adjacent wins for different symbols are added.
- Maximum win per paid spin is 2000 times bet.