Slot review breakdown
Mega Moolah is the most famous progressive jackpot game that awards the multimillion dollar jackpot randomly to any player worldwide. Bigger bet equals better chance of triggering the jackpot bonus game.
|Game Type:||Progressive slot|
|Whats hot:||Whats not so hot:|
|Chance to become a millionaire||Not great RTP during normal play|
|Four incredible progressives||Not available in USA|
|Easy to play|
Where to play?
Mega Moolah is probably the most famous slot game out there, as it frequently makes headlines in mainstream media as it produces millionaires, usually in the region of $5 million, two people even winning north of 10 million dollars. This is what it’s all about – an online slot machine ought to make people rich, and this is exactly what Mega Moolah does better than any other slot game. Mega Moolah was released in December 2006, it has 25 paylines, and the minimum coin bet you can place on a single payline is 1p, while the maximum is 5p. This progressive penny slot allows players to wager a maximum of 125 coins per spin, and that would equal £6.25.
The Monkey is the Scatter symbol and it triggers free spins (15 spins), and the Lion is Wild, doubling all wins. Players can win one of the 4 Progressive Jackpots with the randomly triggered Bonus. By spinning the wheel, they uncover which Jackpot they have won. The four Mega Moolah progressive jackpots are the Mega Progressive Jackpot, starting at 1,000,000 credits; the Major Progressive, which starts at 10,000 credits; the Minor, which begins at 100 credits, and the Mini Progressive, which awards players 10 credits. Regardless of the current jackpot size, Microgaming guarantees Mega jackpot of 1 million.
A unique feature of Mega Moolah is that jackpot is awarded randomly. In other games players have to align a winning payline, or get certain symbols to trigger a chance at the progressive prize. In Mega Moolah the progressive prizes can be triggered on any spin, at any time and at any level of wager – though the more you wager per spin the more chance you have of triggering the actual Jackpot Bonus game. While the bonus game itself is triggered randomly, the game logic dictates the higher the bet the greater the chance of triggering the bonus game.
All Microgaming casinos have this slot game so visit any of them to play. Mega Moolah is available as download (for Windows only), instant online play, and an instant online play version for mobile browsers. Wherever and however you play, the chance of winning the jackpot is exactly the same. So go ahead and choose a casino you’re comfortable with – we recommend Bet365, Videoslots, Hippodrome Online and Vegas Palms as some of the best Microgaming casinos.
Mega Moolah Basic Game
- Theme: African Animals.
- Reels: 5.
- Paylines: 25.
- Coins per Payline: 5.
- Max Coins: 125.
- Progressive: Yes.
- Wild Symbol: Yes.
- Free Spin Trigger Symbol: Yes.
- Bonus Trigger Symbol: No.
- Multiplier Symbol: Yes.
- Scatter Symbol: Yes.
- Bonus Feature: Yes (randomly triggered).
- Free Spins Feature: Yes.
Mega Moolah Bonus Feature
- Feature Type: Pick X of Y (Wheel Spin).
- Number of Objects: 20.
- Number of Spins: 1.
- Feature Type: Free Spins.
- Number of Free Spins: 15.
- Multiplier: 3.
- Recursion: Yes.
Mega Moolah Coin Size
- Coin Sizes: 0.01; 0.02, 0.05.
- Default Coin Size: 0.05.
- No of Coins Allowed: 5.
- Default Bet: 0.05×5 coins per line x25 lines = 6.25.
- Max Bet: 0.05×5 coins per line x25 lines = 6.25.
- Min Bet: 0.01×1 coin per line x1 line = 0.01.
- Jackpot in Coins (Highest win for one payline):
- Base Game: 15,000.00 Coins x 5 Coins per line = 75,000.00 Coins.
- Free Spins: 15,000.00 Coins x5 Coins per line x3 (Multiplier) = 225,000.00 Coins.
- Max Jackpot in currency (Highest win per line):
- Base Game: 75,000×0.05 = 3,750.00.
- Free Spins: 225,000×0.05 = 11,250.00.
- Max Exposure in currency (Highest win across all paylines):
- Base Game: 16,293.00 coins x 5 coins per line x 0.05 = 4,073.25.
- Free Spins: 16,293.00 coins x 5 coins per line x 3(Multiplier) x 0.05 = 12,219.75.